Get a real-life feel for driving a virtual bus
- Category Racing games
- Program license Trial version
- Version 1.5a
- Size 65.14 MB
- Works under: Windows ME / Windows 8 / Windows 98 SE / Windows 2000 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Windows 98 / Windows 7
- Program available in English
- Program by Scssoft
With Bus Driver, you can now hit the streets as the driver of your very own bus and still easily handle the duties of the job.
Anyone who ever spent time on a city bus before knows that problems can arise at any moment. Whether it's an accident on the road, an unruly passenger, or traffic ahead, those problems can lead to the bus driver falling behind. This simulation game provides you with a quick list of rules to follow before putting you in the driver's seat and asking that you transport passengers all across the city.
A simple box located at the top right of the screen provides you with all the information you need. This box shows you the number of passengers sitting or standing on your bus, the number of passengers waiting for you at upcoming spots, how long it takes to arrive at certain destinations, and where you need to take your passengers. You'll also see details relating to the speed of your bus and how happy those passengers are. Passengers don't like standing, and unhappy passengers will get off the bus and drop your score.
As the game comes with multiple difficulty settings, you can play on the easiest setting and gain a better understanding of the game before moving up to a higher level. Game play on the highest level is extremely hard and may leave you feeling frustrated or even angry. The game also lets you drive different types of buses, including one that takes tourist around the city, one that picks up kids heading to school and one that transport inmates to prison. Despite having so many different levels and ways to play, you'll find that most games are too similar and that there aren't any noticeable changes between levels.
Though the developers designed Bus Driver with realism in mind, the graphics occasionally look choppy, and some players may find that the bus lags. During accident scenes, the screams of your passengers are grating, and you risk finding yourself stuck and unable to move. After trying just one level of Bus Driver though, you may find yourself hooked on the game play. This addictive game is one that you'll find yourself playing time and time again in the hopes of getting all your passengers to their final destinations.
- Lets you drive a city, school, tourist, or even prisoner bus
- Full game has more than 30 levels to play
- Offers a realistic simulation of driving a bus
- Five different difficulty levels available for different players
- Puts you in control of your passengers' happiness and the bus itself
- Choppy and dated graphics
- Game play across all levels is too similar
- Free trial version limits what you can do and which levels you can play
- May take some time to learn how to control the bus
- Accidents can leave your bus stuck and cause glitches